It is my 3rd Sunday in China, it’s strange to see that churches or other forms of worship buildings are not scattered across the cities. In the US almost every corner has some sort of religious facility beckoning to the world to come enter and get in touch with their spiritual side. Quite the opposite in China, where the control of the Chinese Communist Party is still quite vivid in many different ways, through the censorship of certain websites and in the control of religion.
I did manage to find a church here that is 20 minutes by taxicab from my school. Its name is St. Paul, did not think much of it at first, but as the program progressed, it seemed like it was more and more like a Catholic church. The hall that I went in did not have the statues that a normal Catholic church has and the preacher did not have the normal uniform that a priest wears. So I was a bit thrown off, but the style of worship certainly was the Catholic style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment